o·rig·i·nal (ə-rĭj'ə-nəl) adj.
1.Preceding all others in time; first.
2.a.Not derived from something else; fresh and unusual: an original play, not an adaptation.
b.Showing a marked departure from previous practice; new: a truly original approach. See Synonyms at new.
My style is so original. No wait...don't conform, stay original. They hate on me cause I stay so original..
It's strange how the ones among us labeled original are always the ones wearing the vintage attire.
I can't help but wonder what our kids and kids' kids will be rockin years from now. Recycling past fads are only trend setting if it's at least 20 years old, perhaps so the originators will have forgotten they used to wear it. In 2030, everything from 2010 will be back in style...but that really means everything from 1990 right?
So how much can you recycle a fashion trend until you run out of fads to switch to?
I admit, I do like to get my retro on...but it would be nice to know my fellow fashion activists have something new to look forward to in the future. There's going to be a point in time when I grow tired of skinny jeans and metallic leggings, then what will i wear? Of course, we can always take it way back to the Dark Ages...when everything was original...mostly because nothing was invented yet.
True originality is like a breath of fresh air, and I'm suffocating here. We're entering a new Dark Age people, and it might not be as bad as the first one. Lace your brand new Nike Air Max 95's tight and brace yourself.
Over and out.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment