Saturday, December 5, 2009

Not Your Average "Band Geakz"

The vibe they give off leads me to believe they were the freshest dudes in highschool, funny enough, they call themseves the 'Band Geakz', and they recently dropped their first mixtape, "Band Camp Music 1101"

"Band Geakz are the newest duo from Atlanta made up of two members, Yoshi and Jit-Lee. Jit-Lee was the feature on F.L.Y.'s hit single "Swag Surfin". Band Geakz were featured on 3 records on F.L.Y.'s Def Jam release "Jamboree". Now, after much anticipation, they are releasing their debut mixtape entitled "Band Camp Music 1101". It features F.L.Y., Travis Porter, and Roscoe Dash; it is hosted by Hooodrich's DJ Prettyboy Tank. "
-Live Mixtapes




I'm writing this as I listen to the mixtape. It has the youthfulness of the "Rich Kids", and the hard beats of the dirty south. Personally I think they're murdering these beats. I was a little skeptical of the tape at first, I found it incorrectly placed in the 'indie' section of Live Mixtapes, there's the dude from "Swag Surfin"...it just didn't seem like a formula for dopeness...but it's not bad. I mean, there is the typical cars, money, clothes, hoes tracks...but it's all in good fun. Good, crunked up fun. If you're looking for lyrical content I wouldn't recommend. If you're looking for a few new club hits, cop the tape. Lemme know if it's a hit at ya next party.

JeanBean, over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment