The first I heard of the Kickdrums was when I copped their self-produced mixtape, "Smash the System", the tape was[is] a classic. The group wasn't even ON every track, they just produced songs for a whole variety of artists. Charles Hamilton, Kanye West, Ray Cash, Jay-Z, Kid Cudi, Chip Tha Ripper, Joe Budden, Willie The Kid, Joell Ortiz, and even the Notorious BIG was just a few of the appearences on the mixtape.
In their latest mixtape, 'There Might Be Blood', the music veers in a totally different direction. Whatever resemblence to hip-hop the Kickdrums held is now gone, it's all rock now...not that that's a bad thing. Still completely original, even catchy, you're continue to see me bumpin their music every now and then. Just remember, hardcore hip-hop fans will be dissapointed, and if the trio never returns to producing dope hip-hop I'll be more than dissapointed.
The Kickdrums - Watch Out For The White Noise
JeanBean, over and out!
No comments:
Post a Comment